Fuji Furukawa Engineering and Construction Co. Ltd., recognizing the importance of personal information being protected by all employees in the environment of an advanced telecommunications society, conducts itself on the basis of the basic policy set out below.
1. Formulation and Continual Improvement of Regulations relating to the Protection of Personal Data
In order to deepen understanding of personal data protection, Fuji Furukawa E & C has in place regulations relating to the protection of personal data to ensure that personal data is handled appropriately, strives to disseminate these regulations, and works to implement, maintain and continually improve these regulations.
2. Optimization of the Commissioning of the Acquisition, Use and Provision of Personal Data, and of the Handling of Personal Data
Taking into account the fact that personal data is handled by each department, Fuji Furukawa E & C, in addition to establishing a management system for the protection of private data that is suited to the respective circumstances of each department, observes the laws and various regulations with regard to the commissioning of the acquisition, use and provision of personal data, and of the handling of personal data.
3. Implementation of Safety Measures
In order to avoid unauthorized access to personal data or the loss, destruction, falsification or leakage of personal data, and for the safekeeping of personal data, Fuji Furukawa E & C implements organizational, personal, physical and technological safety measures.
4. Respecting the Rights of the Individual
Fuji Furukawa E & C respects the rights of the individual in regard to personal data, and will act appropriately and in accordance with the laws and various regulations in response to requests from an individual for the disclosure, correction, cessation of use, deletion, etc., of the personal data of the individual in question.
5. Observance of Laws and Various Regulations
Fuji Furukawa E & C observes the laws and various regulations relating to personal data protection.
Purposes for which personal data is used
In the provision of its services, Fuji Furukawa E & C obtains personal data required for business purposes. When personal data is acquired, it is acquired for the purpose of the undertakings and uses given below and is handled strictly within the scope of that purpose. In the event that personal data is to be used for a purpose other than one of those listed below, in each case the consent of the individual shall be obtained.
- The design, construction and/or management of electrical insulation work, electric instrumentation work, air conditioning/plumbing systems work, data communications facilities work or construction work
- Work incidental and related to the above.
- Business Activities
- Contract Management Associated with Business Activities
- Payment Settlement
- Communication with and Management of Shareholders
- Recruitment Activities
- Correspondence in reply to a query
- Sending out of Catalogues, etc
Regarding the provision of personal data to third parties
When providing personal data to a third party, Fuji Furukawa E & C first obtains the consent of the individual(s) concerned. However, this does not necessarily apply in any of the cases listed below.
- 1.In cases governed by law
- 2.In cases where the provision of personal data to a third party is necessary to protect a major asset such as the life, body or property of a person, and in which it is difficult to obtain the consent of the individual(s) concerned.
- 3.In cases where the provision of personal data to a third party is especially necessary for the improvement of public health or to promote the healthy growth of children, and in which it is difficult to obtain the consent of the individual(s) concerned.
- 4.In cases where it is necessary to cooperate with a government organization, local authority or person(s) entrusted by the same to execute affairs prescribed by law, and in which there is the possibility that obtaining the consent of the individual(s) concerned might impede the execution of the said affairs.
- 5.In cases where the handling of personal data is entrusted wholly or in part within the scope necessary for the purpose for which the personal data is to be used.
- 6.In cases where personal data is provided as a result of the take-over of business due to a merger or other reason.
- 7.In cases where the personal data is shared with and used by specific persons, and in which the individual concerned is notified in advance of the names and titles of those responsible for handling the said personal data, or provided with ready access to such information. However, should there be any change in the purpose for which the personal data is to be used, or in the names and titles of those responsible for handling the personal data, the individual concerned must be notified in advance of the details of the said changes, or provided with ready access to such information.
Measures relating to Entrustment of Personal Data
When entrusting the handling of personal data wholly or in part, or when commissioning work that provides the opportunity to access personal data, Fuji Furukawa E & C undertakes the necessary and appropriate supervision of the commissioned party to ensure the safe management of the personal data.
Regarding Personal Data during Use of the Website
1. Protection of Personal Data on the Website
In order to protect personal data provided via the website, parts of the website are covered by SSL (Secure Socket Layer) which encrypts data between the Web server and the user's browser. This means that the personal data input by a visitor to the website is transmitted in encrypted form.